Pallet bunds or spill pallets are an essential piece of equipment to ensure the safety of your work environment. In businesses that supply and contain hazardous substances, the importance of bunds cannot be overlooked. Not only do they protect the environment, but they also protect your employees and customers from coming into contact with accidental leaks. Wholesale Safety Storage in Australia is a leading stockist of pallet bunds to keep your business operating within regulatory safety protocols.
Why You Need Pallet Bunds
It can be easy to overlook hypothetical events such as chemical leaks or spills, but in an industry where chemicals are being handled daily, pallet bunds are a mandatory piece of storage equipment. Besides operating within regulation protocols, there are other significant reasons to use spill pallets in your business:
1. Easy cleaning – leaks and spills can be cleaned more efficiently with less impact on productivity. In addition, the need for spill kits or other equipment is reduced as the bunds contain the chemicals for easy cleaning.
2. Reduced risk – the dangers of unknown chemical leaks to the environment and your personnel can be severe and life-threatening. Pallet bunds offer security and safety from chemical interaction. In addition, separate bunding of incompatible chemicals reduces the chances of harmful reactions.
3. Safeguard operations – no company wants to be shut down because guidelines and regulations are not met. Spill pallets ensure your business is operating in full disclosure with the law.
Chemical reactions can be fun to experiment with in a controlled environment, but unexpected and violent reactions from mixing incompatible chemicals can be detrimental to your business. Storage segregation is, therefore, an essential safety protocol to prevent accidents and injury. In conjunction with pallet bunds, follow these tips to ensure chemicals are properly stored and contained in the workplace:
- Stock sufficient spill kits, fire extinguishers and response equipment in all storage areas and inspect equipment regularly.
- Label storage areas and containers correctly to avoid inappropriate mixing and storage of incompatible chemicals.
- Control the ambient temperature in storage areas and avoid large temperature fluctuations.
- Keep storage areas clean and easily accessible for fast and efficient clean up of accidental leaks or spills.
- Inspect storage areas and containers regular to identify damages or leaks.
- Ensure storage areas are well ventilated, as the mixing of incompatible chemicals may cause harmful gas emissions.
- Ensure that shelving or racking construction materials are compatible with the stored chemicals.
Wholesale Safety Storage Australia is your spill control specialist. Contact us today to learn more about our pallet bund products.