Shipping FAQsWholesale Safety Storage Australia
Any additional handling or manoeuvring to get the items in to position that requires specialised equipment, such as a tailgated truck or a truck mounted forklift, is not covered by any free freight offers.
Additional carrier charges will be passed on for specialised logistics services, if not informed prior to sale. The amount we charge for freight is to recover costs – not for profit.
Shipping is contracted to 3rd party carriers (ie; TNT, Toll, Hi-Trans, Northline, Followmont, etc)
Wholesale Safety Storage Australia and the carriers we contract are responsible for delivery of goods to the customers door only.
If in doubt, please request a quote online, by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone (1300 903 933).
How do I qualify for free metro shipping?
- Free shipping applies to the metropolitan areas of Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide
- Spend over $750 to qualify for free metro shipping in the above areas
- During checkout free shipping will be automatically activated if your post code qualifies for metro shipping. Orders where this free shipping is not activated will not qualify. You can always give us a call if you want to bypass the automated shipping, and we can provide a quote.
- Extra charges may apply if a tailgate truck, or other specialised equipment is required to unload goods. Extra charges will only apply if passed on by the carrier
How does the automated shipping work at checkout?
- Wholesale Safety Storage Australia (WSSA) holds an account with TransDirect (https://www.transdirect.com.au) allowing us to automate Australia wide shipping options.
- After entering your billing and shipping details, there Is a form at the bottom of the page to re-enter your postcode
- A shipping cost is returned based on the dimensions of the item and postcode
What shipping options will be available?
TransDirect has a large network of freight companies to choose from, including:
- Allied Express
- Sampson Express
- Fastway (smaller items only)
- Couriers Please (smaller items only)
You will be able to select your preferred carrier during checkout.
Can I request a specific time or date of delivery?
If a specific time or date is required for delivery of goods, Wholesale Safety Storage Australia will pass on our customers requests to the freight carriers. We will do our best and liaise with our account managers at the relevant carriers.
However, to keep the freight costs to a minimum for our customers, we use general carriers by default. These carriers provide services Australia wide. Although carriers can provide an estimated date of delivery at the time of booking, that is not a guarantee from the carrier and no time can be specified.
We require our customers to inform us of delivery instructions prior to the sale. This will allow us to select the carrier that can best meet our customers needs, and provide accurate pricing options available.
Any additional costs for specialised freight services, or premium delivery services will be passed on to the customer if not informed prior to the sale. The amount we charge for freight is to recover costs – not for profit. We will always provide a copy of the freight quote to a customer on request.
What markup/handling charge or other fees does WSSA add to shipping costs?
- There is an option for companies like ours to set a markup $ or % amount to each shipping quote, which is automatically applied to the quote. Ours is zero
Can I arrange my own shipping?
Absolutely! If you have your own account with a carrier or want to make your own arrangements, let us know prior to the sale and we will remove any freight charges.
When should I use automated shipping quote and checkout?
- If you want a quick and easy purchasing option, without needing to go through a sales phone call/email process
- If you qualify for free metropolitan shipping in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth or Adelaide for purchases over $750.
When should I not use automated shipping quote and checkout?
- If you need a tailgated truck to offload goods (ie; no forklift/walkie stacker, etc available for unloading) the website will not allow a customer to purchase online. The checkout will default to a quote request, and one of our friendly team will respond with shipping options.
- When ordering multiple items it is best to request a quote. A customer can still quickly and easily go ahead with automated checkout, but the freight costs maybe higher than necessary. The system will calculate each item individually, without considering how they could be stacked, wrapped or palletised to reduce costs.
- If you want to double check the price of freight after seeing the automated quote, please contact us! Remember, the automated quote is computer generated – it has no ability to negotiate pricing, etc. Sometimes we can get cheaper quotes by phoning our freight network. Please use the “Request Quote” button, or the “Contact Us” form on our website. Or give us a call/email and we’ll get back to you asap.
best shopping experience
At the end of the day, we want our customers to have the best shopping experience available. We don’t want our customers to be paying more than necessary for shipping – and we don’t intend to profit from shipping.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if we can help, or if you have additional questions/ comments/ suggestions about your experience on our website.
Thank you and all the best from the team at
Wholesale Safety Storage Australia