Shipping FAQsWholesale Safety Storage Australia
Wholesale Safety Storage Australia does not take part in the delivery of goods, but assists in facilitating our customers’ delivery requirements.
Any additional handling or manoeuvring to get the items in to position that requires specialised equipment, such as a tailgated truck or a truck mounted forklift, is not covered by any free freight offers.
Tailgate delivery is to the front door, carport, or closest practical delivery point as deemed by the driver. There must be reasonable vehicle access with height clearance.
Tailgate shipping adds an extra $125 (inc GST) to shipping fees during checkout to cover costs.
For those who are new to freight, a tailgate truck (also known as a tail-lift truck or hydraulic truck) has a rear platform which can be lowered to the ground for convenience when unloading heavy goods. This is a requirement for unloading freight over 25kg when a forklift is not available on site to unload the delivery vehicle. Carriers class this as a specialised delivery service, and charge a premium for tailgate deliveries.
If no forklift is available to unload, the maximum carriers can deliver with the tailgate service is 235 cm (wide), or 200 cm (high), or 250kg (ie: an indoor 350L dangerous goods cabinet is the largest sized cabinet for a tailgate service). Any item over these dimensions would require specialist carriers, ie with a crane truck or truck mounted forklift and cannot be priced by Wholesale Safety Storage Australia or on our website.
NOTE: Selecting the WRONG answer in regards to tailgate shipping means the carrier may be unable to unload your items and may need to re-deliver it. The Customer will be liable for any further charges for re-delivery should this occur. Should you have questions or if you are unsure please contact us first.
Wholesale Safety Storage Australia offers to arrange shipping on behalf of its customers, using only reputable Australian wide logistics companies. We do so without liability and at the Customer’s cost and risk in all related matters.
- Goods shall be considered delivered as soon as they are collected by the carrier, as which time risk will be deemed to have passed to the customer.
- For smooth delivery of goods, it is crucial that we are informed in advance of any restrictions that could impede the ability of a carrier to complete the delivery (restrictions may include: height, weight, gradient, security access, loading dock access) . Wholesale Safety Storage Australia shall not be liable for delay, failure or inability of a carrier to deliver goods.
- Additional carrier charges will be passed on for specialised logistics services, if not informed prior to sale. The amount we charge for freight is to recover costs – not for profit.
- Customers are welcome to use their own freight connections by selecting this option during checkout.
If in doubt, please request a quote online, by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone (1300 903 933).
How do I qualify for free metro shipping?
- Free shipping applies to the metropolitan areas of Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide
- Spend over $750 to qualify for free metro shipping in the above areas
- During checkout free shipping will be automatically activated if your post code qualifies for metro shipping. Orders where this free shipping is not activated will not qualify. You can always give us a call if you want to bypass the automated shipping, and we can provide a quote.
- Tailgate deliveries do not qualify for free metro delivery. Extra charges apply if a tailgate truck, or other specialised equipment is required to unload goods. Extra charges are passed on to WSSA by the carrier.
How does the automated shipping work at checkout?
- Wholesale Safety Storage Australia (WSSA) holds an account with BIG POST (https://bigpost.com.au/) allowing us to automate Australia wide shipping options.
- After entering your billing and shipping details, Big Post will return options such as: delivery to a residential address, delivery to a business address, and if a tailgate is required to unload a delivery vehicle.
- WSSA ship to customers from warehouses in Perth, Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane. A shipping cost is returned based on the dimensions of the item and the warehouse closest to the customers location.
What shipping options will be available?
Big Post has a large network of freight companies to choose from, including:
- Capital Transport
- Fastway (smaller items only)
Customers can also use their own freight connections if they wish. This option is able to be selected during checkout. One of our team will make contact to confirm the details.
Can I request a specific time or date of delivery?
If a specific time or date is required for delivery of goods, we recommend the customer to make their own arrangements with a specialised carrier service.
Wholesale Safety Storage Australia will pass on our customers requests to the freight carriers. We will do our best and liaise with our account managers at the relevant carriers.
However, to keep the freight costs to a minimum for our customers, we use general carriers by default. ETA’s are an estimated time of arrival only. Carriers do everything in their power to get freight from A to B within the estimated time frames, however delays can happen due to multiple factors. Carriers can provide an estimated date of delivery at the time of booking, that is not a guarantee from the carrier and no time can be specified.
We require our customers to inform us of delivery instructions prior to the sale. This will allow us to select the carrier that can best meet our customers needs, and provide accurate pricing options available.
Any additional costs for specialised freight services, or premium delivery services will be passed on to the customer if not informed prior to the sale. The amount we charge for freight is to recover costs – not for profit. We will always provide a copy of the freight quote to a customer on request.
Can I arrange my own shipping?
Absolutely! If you have your own account with a carrier or want to make your own arrangements, let us know prior to the sale and we will remove any freight charges.
When should I use automated shipping quote and checkout?
- If you want a quick and easy purchasing option, without needing to go through a sales phone call/email process
- If you qualify for free metropolitan shipping in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth or Adelaide for purchases over $750.
When should I not use automated shipping quote and checkout?
- When ordering multiple items it is best to request a quote. A customer can still quickly and easily go ahead with automated checkout, but the freight costs maybe higher than necessary. The system will calculate each item individually, without considering how they could be stacked, wrapped or palletised to reduce costs.
- If you want to double check the price of freight after seeing the automated quote, please contact us! Please use the “Request Quote” button, or the “Contact Us” form on our website. Or give us a call/email and we’ll get back to you asap.
best shopping experience
At the end of the day, we want our customers to have the best shopping experience available. We don’t want our customers to be paying more than necessary for shipping – and we don’t intend to profit from shipping.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if we can help, or if you have additional questions/ comments/ suggestions about your experience on our website.
Thank you and all the best from the team at
Wholesale Safety Storage Australia