Mercury spill response kit - 10 small spills
This mercury spill kit is designed for hospitals, laboratories, schools, workshops, warehouses, factories, chemical plants – wherever mercury is stored, handled and potentially spilled.
Mercury is a heavy silvery-white metal which is liquid at normal temperatures. Mercury will vaporise at normal room temperature. This in turn creates a risk of mercury exposure through inhalation. The risk increases as the temperature increases. This is one of the key reasons it’s important to clean up a mercury spill immediately.
Our mercury spill kit:
- Contains a encapsulating powder that when mixed with water, solidifies the spilled mercury into a solid mass.
- Use plastic scoop and pan to lift and place into disposal bags.
- This mercury spill kit also contains safety gear such as PVC gloves, face masks and goggles to keep responders safe.
- Spill kit includes label and spill kit operating instructions.
- Spill kit can be customised by adding/removing/swapping components.
- Mercury spill kit is supplied in a 10 litre white pail with snap-on lid.
Spill kits are available in an extensive range of sizes and types to ensure a fit for purpose spill kit is on hand to help minimise risk and meet environmental obligations.