If your business wants to become more environmentally friendly and efficient, then forklift gas bottles are the answer. It is, however, extremely important to store gas cylinders appropriately as they are a class two dangerous good, but Wholesale Safety Storage in Australia has all your storage needs under one roof. Operational efficiency in any business is highly dependent on the safety of the work environment, so keeping your LPG forklift cylinders stored safely away will ensure you do not experience any financial liability.
Advantages And Disadvantages Of LPG Forklifts
Deciding whether changing to LPG is a good investment or not comes down to weighing out the respective pros and cons.
- Acceptable for most indoor and outdoor applications.
- Compared to diesel and electric forklifts, LPG is an environmentally friendly alternative.
- Quick and efficient refuelling for improved operations.
- Longer operating time compared to diesel or electric-powered forklifts.
- Reduced costs as spares do not need to be purchased.
- In cold temperatures, LPG forklifts may be harder to start and operate.
- It may be difficult to have a consistent supply of LPG, depending on availability.
- Liability exposure from potential fuel system leaks.
In short, LPG forklifts are a valuable asset to your business when you practice the necessary safety protocols and regulatory storage of harmful goods.
The Best Storage Solutions For Forklift Gas Bottles
When you think of gasses, you are probably taken back to one of your first chemistry lessons, learning about the various states of water. Water is most certainly not harmful in gas form, but many gasses are classified as dangerous goods, one being LPG. Oddly enough, LPG resembles water to a tee and boils the same way water does inside the gas cylinder, albeit at different temperatures.
Since LPG gas is a harmful substance, you should take proper precautions when using it in your work environment. That means regularly inspecting the cylinders for leaks, monitoring the pressure relief valves, ensuring proper and safe storage in well-constructed, regulation cages, and prioritising clear warning signage for class two dangerous goods. One of the most important properties of your storage system is ventilation, which is why forklift gas cylinder cages from Wholesale Safety Storage in Australia are your go-to solution.
With precaution in mind and a robust foundation of knowledge among your staff, your business can benefit in many ways from using forklift gas bottle storage cages from Wholesale Safety Storage Australia.
Contact us today to learn more about our products, or browse our website to place an order.